Wednesday, March 12, 2008

mi espanol es mejor

ah what a sigh - well kind of. Espanol is getting much better, its all about talking and continuing to look and sound like a 5yr old BUT it is gettin better and now that we have officially started clases de espanol things are making more sense. A few housekeeping general respuestos: I am currently living en un barrio Pantoja which is literally 5 minutes walking from mi casa. En mi casa, I live with mi Senora y Senor, their hija ( daughter), a young girl, who is 7. HOWEVER, those are the people that sleep their, but there are always other cousins and family members and neighbors in and out. I do have my own room, which is nice. Su casa consists of my room, and two other bedrooms, a small kitchen and one bathroom. There are a number of large water tanks on the side of he house where we get our water to bathe and use the toilet. But there is bottled water to drink and cook with. I live here for another 2.5 weeks and then I am going to another city called El Cibao (really an area, in the eastern part of the country) where I will live with another family for approx. 4 weeks while we do our technical training aka learn how to use a computer, run a comp lab and trouble shoot (drum roll please) all en ESPANOL! Aye dios mio! Then we return and have a little more time at our house we live at now and then are sworn in as voluntarios! What else - oh the food. Well needless to say I have been eating a TON of rice. Too much rice and my senora looks at me like I´m crazy when I say ¨¨lleno¨(or full) due to the rice, platanos and bread.

Por ejemplo, when i got home from school yesterday, she had little loaves of bread and mayonaise waiting for me with a deicious cup of cafe con mas azucar!

This was our convo
Senora (pointing to the mayo) Te gusta?
Me: (thinking a definitive NO , but not wanting to upset her) Aye. no, pero yo prueba (I´ll try)
Mi hermana (shows me it is made with eggs and milk) Mira!
Me: No me gusta!
So then i proceeded to eat my bread with magarine and yellow cheese. Other than that, the food has been very good, just alot of it. Another almost daily ritual con cuerpa de paz are getting vacinations! AYE! I don´t even know how many times Nurse Jo has poked my arm....tommorow we are going on a field trip to the colonial zone for some siteseeing and historia for which I am very very excited about!!! As always, there is more to say but for now...hasta luego mi amores!

No comments: